An Operator Licence Awareness Training course (OLAT) provides a comprehensive overview of the operator licensing systems and the legal undertakings that apply to transport operators.
This is a OTC (Office of the Traffic Commissioner) and FORS approved course (this will be required for FORS approval if the transport manager has not completed any training is the last 5 years).
The Operator Licence Awareness course is often an undertaking given by the Traffic Commissioner to the business owners if they feel your business would benefit from a knowledge update. This course is also an excellent starting point for people who are looking to prepare to gain the Transport Manager CPC qualification.
Topics covered include:-
- Operator Licensing – Application; Conditions; Notifiable Changes; Legal Responsibilities
- Safe Loading of Vehicles – including calculation of payload and safe load distribution
- Weights and Dimensions of Vehicles
- Drivers Hours – includes current legislation with respect to EU Drivers’ Hours and the Road Transport Working Time Directive; Drivers’ Hours’ Records
- for Analogue and Digital Tachographs; Working Time Directive for non- driving personnel; Planning Safe Overnight Parking
- Driver Licensing
- Traffic Regulations and Speed Limits
- Planned Preventive Maintenance – including Drivers’ Defect Reporting; Enforcement (Fleet Inspections and Road Side Checks); OCRS